Contract: 1 jaar (verlengbaar)
The Security, Network and Telecom Engineer takes the technical lead in Security and Networking projects and Changes. He or she is responsible for the technical design, the configuration, implementation and testing of the infrastructure. The security and network engineer will also take part in the incident management process and this as second or third line for specific security and network incidents.
* Incident Management
o Second line and Third line support on complex incidents
o Trace and resolve security/network incidents.
o Coordinate complex incident resolution processes.
o Open cases with the supplier .
o Documenting the root cause, impact, resolution steps, regression tests and lessons-learned.
* Configuration Management
o Define infrastructure devices configurations, define backup and restore policies; define disaster recovery policies.
* Service Level Management (SLM), ticketing, follow-up and escalation to suppliers
o Dispatching problems to the appropriate internal or external suppliers and underpinning contractors
o Monitor and follow-up opened cases with the supplier
o Escalate incidents to Infrastructure Management and supplier management when SLA timers are reached.7
* Change management
o Administer, prepare (CAB meeting ), implement and follow-up complex changes on network and security infrastructures.
o Tuning and pro active optimizations on network and security infrastructures.
o Documentation and creation of procedures for recurrent changes in order to handover the change execution to all members of the network & security team
* Documentation, procedures and work instructions
o Producing and maintaining full documentation on network, firewall and security set-up, operations and support.
o Support teams for aspects of network/security/telecom monitoring/analysis: drafting specifications; working implementation and test plans; piloting and prototyping, quality assurance; security assessments.
o Scripting and automation of procedures for operations and follow-up
* Service Requests
o Advanced technical support for Service Requests.
* Project Work
o Be able to take up the role of technical lead for large projects.
The technical lead is responsible for the overall design of the project.
The technical lead will do the implementation himself or supervise the implementation of the infrastructure. He or she is also responsible for the technical test plan and for setting up the operational management of the infrastructure.
o In case that third party suppliers are involved in the project the technical lead will :
* Write and define the technical scope
* Supervise the technical implementations of the third party
* Supervise and verify the technical testing
* Make sure that a correct monitoring and operational management is implemented.
o For small projects the senior security/network engineer can also take up the role of project manager/ co-ordinator.
* Technical skills :
o Cabling knowledge : copper and fiber technologies
o Basic Telecom provider knowledge : pstn, isdn , PRA, Xdsl, ..
o Network experience :
* routers , wifi, switches , preferably CISCO and Huawei ( catalyst switches/routers , wireless controllers and access points , nexus, ..)
* knowledge and experience with Nexus is a plus.
* advanced knowledge of routing protocols : BGP, OSPF,…
o Security experience :
* Advanced knowledge and experience with Checkpoint
* Checkpoint cerfications like CCSA and/or CCSE are a plus
* Knowledge of Z-scaler is a plus
* Knowledge of Qualys is a plus
* Knowledge of Kemp load balancers is a plus
* Knowledge of setting up and maintaining VPN’s
* Knowledge of Meraki VPN’s is a plus
o Basic knowledge of telephony systems ( PBX, Digital , DECT, IP ), preferably Alcatel
o Experience/knowledge of video conferencing systems preferably Polycom (VBP, DMA , RMX, HDX7000/8000 series ) is a plus
o Knowledge of Server technology ( microsoft , linus , hyper V , ..)
* Soft skills :
o Languages : be able to communicate in Dutch , French and English
o Stress resistent
o Personal time management
o Management of suppliers and providers